European Tour star plays golf to buy shoes, watches

There are many perks to becoming a professional golfer, and each individual has different tastes.

European Tour star Kiradech Aphibarnrat, who shot a 6-under 66 in the opening round of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship on Thursday, plays golf for two reasons: shoes and watches.

MORE: Justin Thomas buys new Range Rover after conquering Hawaii

"Watches, I think all that I can make, the earnings from last year has gone to buy all of my watches," he said, via golfchannel.com. "So I have a lot of work to do. That's why I play a lot around the world, that you guys see. I spend a lot of it on all that stuff."

Aphibarnrat estimated that he has more than 40 pairs of shoes at home — some of them quite expensive. But he doesn't stop at just small items, Aphibarnrat also has a shiny new car.

The 27-year-old recently bought a white a Ferrari, and if you are wondering why white instead of customary red, it's because he wants to stand out.

"If I go anywhere, everybody knows there's only one in Thailand," he explained. "So that's the key why I had to buy white."

Aphibarnrat has won three times on the European Tour. He trails Henrik Stenson by two shots this week after Round 1.


Source: European Tour star plays golf to buy shoes, watches

Comments