Bernd Wiesberger Sets European Tour Record with Nine Straight Birdies

He he has experience of being second heading into the final circuit having done so three times, but he is yet to convert the position into a win.

American Lipsky stays in close contention after he turned in a 68, courtesy of five birdies, three of which came on the par-5 holes. I felt like it was a good finish to what was a great round.

Wiesberger recorded eleven birdies and two bogeys in his round of 63 setting up a continuation of a what has been a good record in this event or its predecessor, the Maybank Malaysian Open, played at another venue. He dropped a shot at 7, but bounced back in ideal style with a second par-5 birdie of the front nine at the 8th.

Willett is chasing his first victory since his stunning Masters win last and if he were to go on and win on Sunday at Saujana Golf and Country Club in Kuala Lumpur he would record his sixth European Tour title.

'I felt like I was on a good run and I felt comfortable pretty much the whole day after my bogey on four. I hit pretty good shots and really only holed two long ones which were the last birdie of the nine on 15 and about a 20-footer on 11.

59th Grammy Awards LATEST: Adele sweeps Grammy honoursThe Queen of Pop, Beyonce bagged her second award for the night - her album " Lemonade " won the Best Urban Contemporary Album . Drake , who isn't attending the live show, won best rap song and rap/sung performance for the smash hit, "Hotline Bling".

"I would have taken a 67 at the start of the day".

Warren held a three-shot lead following an opening 63 with three birdies in his first 12 holes, but bogeyed the fourth, fifth and seventh before recording a triple-bogey seven on the ninth.

"I'm very happy", he said. "One or two under par is a good knock out there so I think it all depends on the weather tomorrow". "I wasn't confident of putting the ball, but they all went in".

"It was tough to get the club right, so I scored nicely this afternoon". "It was relatively stress free for six under, which is always nice".

"I hit it well but it's just gone absolutely bullet straight, and in the air I'm thinking it should probably pitch just short of the grandstand and it flew a lot further then I thought!"


Source: Bernd Wiesberger Sets European Tour Record with Nine Straight Birdies

Comments