European Tour Leaderboard LIVE: Matt Wallace and Marcus Fraser lead at Italian Open

Italian Open leaderboard tee timesGETTY

The Italian Open gets underway on Thursday

England's Matt Wallace and Australia's Marcus Fraser are joint leaders on 13 under going into the weekend of the Italian Open.

Wallace had a six-way share of the lead after the first round and yesterday he solidified his place at the top with a 65 at Golf Club Milano.

But Fraser was the star of the day, shooting a career-best 62 to earn his place at the summit with a blemish-free card of nine under par.

Wales' Jamie Donaldson and Thailand's Kiradech Aphibarnrat lie two shots off the leading pair after hitting matching 67s, both men capping their card with eagle threes, at the ninth and 14 respectively.

ITALIAN OPEN LEADERBOARD

Italian Open leaderboardEUROPEAN TOUR

Italian Open leaderboard

After the second round Francesco Molinari said: "Obviously it wasn't the quickest start today. It wasn't easy but everyone was obviously willing me to do well and I tried to stay calm and stay in my own bubble. I did that pretty well.

"So yeah, a different day than yesterday obviously. Things didn't come as easy as yesterday but I fought well. I hit some good golf shots and I want to do better tomorrow."

ITALIAN OPEN DAY 3 TEE TIMES

Italian Open tee timesEUROPEAN TOUR

Italian Open Day 3 tee times

Jamie Donaldson said: "I played well again. The putter wasn't quite as warm today as it was yesterday. But yeah, overall, I'm happy. I hit a lot of good shots. Especially coming towards the end of the round there."

And Kiradech Aphibarnrat commented: "I was still hitting a lot of great quality shots today. On the front nine, the putter didn't work as well as yesterday but overall, I still shot under par on the front. There was just a bad chip on 12 but overall four under (for the day) is still in position."

Related articles
Source: European Tour Leaderboard LIVE: Matt Wallace and Marcus Fraser lead at Italian Open

Comments